Businesses cannot start, expand (Working Capital) or even exist without capital. Community Futures recognizes the financial crunch of operating a small business and offers a flexible loans program to set entrepreneurs up for success.
Our Business Loans program features:
- Loans for All Businesses: Business loans are not just for start-ups. They are also for existing businesses looking to expand or just in need of capital for inventory, wages, equipment, etc.
- Get a Decision Fast: Once we have all the information we require, a decision can be made in 1-2 weeks, or even days. Repeat clients get loans faster.
- Personalized interest rates: Our interest rates are determined on a client-to-client basis based on the perceived risk of the loan. The average rate ranges from 6-9%
- Flexible payment schedules: Our loans program allows flexibility for various circumstances: seasonal sales, long start-up times, unforeseen disaster, and we tailor repayment schedules to each specific business. For a seasonal business, principal payments occur only during production months, with Interest-Only payments for the rest of the year.
- Take as You Need: After approval, clients can withdraw their funds as they need them instead of taking the full approved amount all at once. This way, clients only pay interest on what they have withdrawn, saving you money.
- No Early Repayment Penalty: We reward success. Businesses can make larger payments and pay out earlier without penalty. We want entrepreneurs to get out of debt fast.
- Mentoring: Getting a loan approved is not goodbye. Our staff are always available for further assistance and advice.
Companies looking for new equipment, debt restructing, liquidity, can look to us for quick loans from $25,000 - $50,000. For the right client, processing can take just days.
Fish 4 Community
This lending programs is specific to Lax K'walaams community members. Through a unique partnership between Community Futures and Lax K'walaams, fishermen can apply for loans up to $5,000 to help with pre-season costs (nets, gear, gas) or boat maintenance, etc.
Loans Appeal and Redress ProcessLoans Address and Redress Policy