Posting Title: Summer Wharfinger
Closing: April 30, 2019
Start Date: May 13, 2019
End Date: August 31, 2019 (Negotiable for College + University Students)
Term: 2 Temporary Full-time Positions (40 hours)
The Cow Bay Marina is located right in the heart of Prince Rupert's tourist area with great stores and restaurants that are within walking distance. With the capacity to berth 51 vessels, including larger yachts, the marina is an ideal re-supply stop for boats travelling enroute to Haida Gwaii and Alaska.
Community Futures is looking for Summer Students who would act as community ambassadors to the visitors of our Marina. Successful Candidates would need to be familiar with the layout of the City, have a knowledge of the local businesses, as well as the local and surrounding area tourist attractions. The Candidates must be passionate about Prince Rupert, have a great customer service aptitude, have a reliable work ethic, and keen sense of work safety. The Candidates must also be able to work evening and weekend shifts, as well as be comfortable with minimal supervision.
Reporting to the Marina Manager, the successful candidate will be required to perform administrative duties, collect payments, assist in vessel mooring, communicate using phone and VHF radio, perform basic facility maintenance and janitorial work, as well as monitor for the safety and security while on-duty.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITY:
· A ROC(M) (Restricted Operators Certificate (Maritime)) radio operators ticket is required. Training will be provided to the right Candidate. All Candidates will be required to successfully obtain this certificate within the first two weeks of employment;
· Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and be comfortable with web forms;
· Knowledge of Boating Knots is an asset;
· Marine knowledge and experience is an asset;
· Must be comfortable in dealing with members of the public and customers.
· Must be able to continuously climb and descend tidal ramps;
· Must have the dexterity to tie ropes and add lines for vessel mooring;
· Must be able to comfortably lift and carry up to 30lbs;
· Walking around the facility is required;
· Must be able to work 5+ hours each shift.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Suite 100 515 3rd Ave West
Prince Rupert, BC, V8J 1L9
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however,
only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.