The Business Development Officer is primarily responsible for working with new and existing clients on business development, analysis of business plans, financing proposals, presenting loan applications to Management and the Loans Committee, supervising loan disbursal, and managing the loan and investment portfolio. The position reports to the General Manager and works closely with the Loans Committee.
Business advisory services:
Provide business development advice and support to new and existing businesses including:
· Up to date business information and counseling including business plan development and review
· Loan client aftercare and growth support
· Client training needs assessment and introductions to other services and programs
· Business training program development and support
Loans analysis and portfolio management:
Oversee the management and growth of the $4M commercial loan portfolio:
· Assist clients in the preparation of loan applications and supporting materials including their business plan, marketing plan, financial forecasts etc.
· Complete loan and credit analysis with summary and recommendations to Management and the Loans Committee
· Draft Letters of Offer and other loan security documents
· Ensure proper security registration and ongoing file maintenance is completed
· Liaise with solicitors, insurance agencies, accountants and/or financial institutions where required to conduct due diligence on client files
· Monitor all current loan clients and initiate and manage collection of delinquent accounts, bankruptcies and foreclosures
Marketing and Promotion:
· Collaborate in the marketing of the business advisory services and loans programs including: the development of a marketing plan, strategies, and a work plan
· Collaborate in the development and updating of marketing materials as required.
· Identify and visit key contacts, perform networking activities and make effective presentations
Complete planning, reporting and administrative functions related to the business advisory and loan programs including:
· Report, update and maintain the loans software program (FaasBank)
· Maintain, update and streamline processes and forms to optimize decision‐making and ensure high quality client service
· Update lending policy manual and BDO Manual
· Ensure monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to Management, Board and Funder(s) is completed
· Attend Committee, Staff and Board meetings as required.
Regular office hours are 8:30to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday. Limited evening and weekend work is required related to meetings, events, training, conferences etc. Some remote work will be considered.
This position is eligible for the following benefits, after a 3-month probation period: Extended Health including: medical, dental, vision, extended health, life and disability insurance and a matching 3% RRSP. Salary commensurate with experience.
· Strong inter‐personal and communication skills
· Detail orientated
· Ability to function well in a small team environment
· Ability to take direction and work with a volunteer-based organization and lending committee
· Positive and opportunity‐focused
· Results‐oriented self‐starter
· Confidence in making decisions and communicating decisions effectively to clients
· Ability to identify and act on key issues related to loan applications, loan files and business development
Education and Experience (at least two of the following attributes)
· Business diploma or degree
· Business counselling, coaching, and/or training certification
· Small business ownership
· Business analysis, counseling, coaching and business development experience
· Proficient in Word, Excel, and Office 365
· Organization and storage of digital files
· Confident in learning new software
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and will be accepted until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.