The Export Navigator Program is a provincial and federal government initiative that helps business owners to remove barriers to growing and expanding their company through export. The Program provides businesses with access to community-based Export Advisors who will provide a personalized, step-by-step approach to exporting and help connect businesses to the appropriate programs, services, and contacts at every stage of the export process. Community Futures Pacific Northwest based in Prince Rupert is the Export Navigator service provider for select communities across Highway 16 from Haida Gwaii to Houston.
We are seeking a qualified contractor to be an Export Navigator Advisor to work with local businesses on the benefits of exporting and assist them through the exporting process. The ideal candidate will be naturally curious, a great communicator with deep listening skills, be entrepreneurial-minded and able to see around corners.
The Advisor will have successful experience related to the following:
• Operating a business
• Sales experience, especially selling products/services in other jurisdictions, provinces or countries
. • International experience, either lived in or spent time in other business jurisdictions/countries gaining an understanding and appreciation for local business culture and methods
• Deep research skills
• Experience communicating through web and social media platforms, direct engagement and public presentations. In this role the Export Navigator Advisor will:
• Promote the benefits of exporting as a way for a company to grow and diversify across borders inter-provincially or internationally.
• Be an advisor and coach to clients to assist them through the exporting process
• Take clients through an export-readiness diagnostic, and work with them through the Export Navigator process
• Be motivated and proactive to seek out companies and opportunities to promote the Export Navigator Program • Have a flexible schedule and can travel to meet with clients
• Fulfill the tracking and reporting requirements of the Program
A competitive salary is available based on experience Community Futures is a business and economic development non-profit committed to supporting the efforts of entrepreneurs and community leaders in building community wealth.
Applicants are asked to email a cover letter, resume and three (3) references